Add a user
- Go to User Management > Users.
- Click New user. The Add new user page is displayed.
- Add the user’s name to the Name field.
- Add the user’s email address to the Email address field.
- To use an automatically generated password, leave the Generate password automatically option selected.
To set the password manually, deselect this option and type the password into the Password field that's displayed. Passwords must be at least 12 characters long and avoid common patterns (e.g. "1234"). To make the password more secure, include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers.
If you’re setting the password manually, copy the password now so you can send it to the user in step 8.
- To assign one or more user roles, type the role names into the User roles field. User roles determine what the user can see and do in PassFort. You can choose any of the roles in the Roles section.
- Click Add new user. The user is added to your account
If the Generate password option is selected, the password is generated and displayed. Copy the password and send it to the user.
To add an SSO user
If you want a new user to have SSO enabled, instead of following the steps above, ask the user to follow these steps:
- Go to PassFort's login page.
- Click Use Single Sign On (SSO).
- Enter their email address.
- Enter their password.
When the user first logs in, they'll be able to access the areas of your account according to their roles.
If you have not set up a link between your identity provider groups and PassFort team, the user will not be able to access any area of your account until you assign roles manually.
Learn more about roles for SSO users.