Configuring TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API
TRUSTDOCK is a data provider that offers the Identity Verification API, which you can use to run the ID verification (service collects documents) for individuals with Japanese IDs.
How it works
This is the default behaviour of a variant of the ID verification (service collects documents) check with TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API as the data provider.
The individual submits their documents to TRUSTDOCK who checks for signs of forgery and extracts the individual's name and, where possible, date of birth, address, and gender from the documents.
You can use this check variant for these documents:
- Health insurance card
- Drivers license
- Driving history certificate
- Individual Number card
- Residence card
- Basic Resident Registration card
- Special Permanent Resident certificate
PassFort cross-references the extracted data provided by TRUSTDOCK with the details recorded in the individual's profile (name and, where possible, date of birth and gender; if the check was run with
PROOF_OF_ADDRESS as the document category, the address is also cross-referenced).
Images of each side of the document or 3 still images from liveness checks are imported into the check results. Additionally, any supplemental documents uploaded by the customer as part of the onboarding process (e.g. a birth certificate) are also imported.
If you click Full results in the Portal, you can see tabs with additional imported information:
- Data comparison: A comparison between the data in the document and the data in the profile.
- Security checks: Whether the manual review result passed or failed.
- Document type: The type of document.
- Additional information: The review date, the ID of reviewer who verified the document (and, if available, the ID of the reviewer who verified the selfie), the plan ID, the plan name, the document types (as returned by TRUSTDOCK), and the last 2 digits of the individual's MyNumber. The MyNumber is redacted in the Portal because it's sensitive information, but you can get the full number by using the API to get the profile and look at the output for the
- Other: This tab is only displayed if there are any additional failure reasons returned by TRUSTDOCK.
The check passes when TRUSTDOCK returns a plan result of pass and the profile details in PassFort match the details TRUSTDOCK has extracted from the document.
The check fails when either of the following conditions are true:
- TRUSTDOCK says the plan did not pass.
- The profile details do not match the details TRUSTDOCK has extracted from the document.
An error is returned if the individual's profile doesn't have data for the required fields.
There are no additional configuration options for this check variant.
What we'll need
Let us know that you’d like to add a variant of the ID verification (service collects documents) check with TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API. We’ll set it up for you.
We'll need your TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API:
- P12 certificate and password
To complete the integration, we'll also need you to add a PassFort URL to your TRUSTDOCK configuration. To do so:
- Log into your TRUSTDOCK account.
- Click Webhook.
- In the URL field, add this new webhook URL: https://trustdock.integrations.passfort.com/webhook
- Click Create.
Testing your configuration
Once the check variant is configured, follow these steps in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
- Does the check pass when the identification document is authentic and the extracted document details obtained from TRUSTDOCK match the details in the profile? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Alex Wheeler" and run the check variant. If the check passes, it's working as expected.
- If TRUSTDOCK returns an error, is it displayed in the portal? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Elizabeth Morris" and run the check variant. If the check returns an error, it's working as expected.
- If it's not possible to connect to TRUSTDOCK, is an error displayed in the portal? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Ania Nowak" and run the check variant. If the check returns an error, it's working as expected.
Required and optional profile fields
These are the profile details matched with the document details extracted by TRUSTDOCK:
First name(s) (
The individual's first and, if applicable, middle names.
The individual's last name.
Date of birth (
The individual's date of birth.
The individual's gender. Leave unset for non-binary genders.
Required when the check was run with
The individual's address history.