Configuring TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API
TRUSTDOCK is a data provider that offers the Identity Verification API, which you can use to run the ID verification (service collects documents) for individuals with Japanese IDs.
How it works
This is the default behaviour of a variant of the ID verification (service collects documents) check with TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API as the data provider.
The individual submits their documents to TRUSTDOCK who checks for signs of forgery and extracts the individual's name and, where possible, date of birth, address, and gender from the documents.
PassFort cross-references the extracted data provided by TRUSTDOCK with the details recorded in the individual's profile (name and, where possible, date of birth and gender; if the check is run on the Verify address task, the address is also cross-referenced).
Images of each side of the document or 3 still images from liveness checks are imported into the check results. Additionally, any supplemental documents uploaded by the customer as part of the onboarding process (e.g. a birth certificate) are also imported.
The check passes when TRUSTDOCK returns a plan result of pass and the profile details in PassFort match the details TRUSTDOCK has extracted from the document.
The check fails when either of the following conditions are true:
- TRUSTDOCK says the plan did not pass.
- The profile details do not match the details TRUSTDOCK has extracted from the document.
An error is returned if the individual's profile doesn't have data for the required fields.
There are no additional configuration options for this check variant.
What we'll need
Let us know that you’d like to add a variant of the ID verification (service collects documents) check with TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API. We’ll set it up for you.
We'll also need your TRUSTDOCK Identity Verification API:
- P12 certificate and password
Testing your configuration
Once the check variant is configured, follow these steps in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
- Does the check pass when the identification document is authentic and the extracted document details obtained from TRUSTDOCK match the details in the profile? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Alex Wheeler" and run the check variant. If the check passes, it's working as expected.
- If TRUSTDOCK returns an error, is it displayed in the portal? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Elizabeth Morris" and run the check variant. If the check returns an error, it's working as expected.
- If it's not possible to connect to TRUSTDOCK, is an error displayed in the portal? To run the test, create an individual profile named "Ania Nowak" and run the check variant. If the check returns an error, it's working as expected.
Required and optional profile fields
These are the profile details matched with the document details extracted by TRUSTDOCK:
First name(s) (
The individual's first and, if applicable, middle names.
The individual's last name.
Date of birth (
The individual's date of birth.
The individual's gender. Leave unset for non-binary genders.
Required when the check is run on the Verify address task; Not used when the check is run on the Verify identity task
The individual's address history.