Complete a form
Forms are one way to manually gather information about a profile.
Every form template consists of a set list of questions, which can be optional or required. These questions can map to custom fields in the profile's collected data.
When you create a new form, you are provided with space to complete the answers and submit the form.
Form template types
There are two types templates that can be used for forms:
- Update collected data: This type is used when data needs to be collected but not reviewed. As soon as the user clicks Submit, the profile's collected data is updated.
- Manual decision form: This type is used when data needs to be reviewed to decide whether it's valid. Form templates with this type have a Decision button, enabling you to pass or fail the form. Templates can be configured to update the profile's data when the decision is Pass or Fail, or can be configured to update the profile's data only when the decision is Pass.
- Document check: This type is used when a document to run a check needs to be collected directly from a customer. Form templates with this type are only initiated via a Request from customer button. Portal users cannot initiate this template using the New form button described below.
Complete a form
- Go to a task that is configured to use forms. There will be a New form button displayed along the top of the task.
- Click New form. If there are multiple form templates to choose from, select the template you want to use from the drop-down list. The form questions are displayed on the task.
- Complete the answers. At a minimum, every answer marked required must be completed before you can submit the form. Some answers may already be prefilled with the profile's data.
- Review your answers. Once you submit the form, there's no way to edit them.
- Click Submit. The answers are saved. If there is no Decision button (meaning the form has the Update collected data type), the profile data is updated with the form answers immediately and the process is complete. If there is a Decision button (meaning the form has the Manual decision form type), follow the steps below.
- Click Decision and select Pass or Fail.
- Click Save decision. If your form template specifies the profile data is updated for either decision, the data is updated now. If the template specifies the profile data is only updated when the form is passed, the data is only updated if you selected Pass.