Validate an address with TRUSTDOCK SnailMail
Use TRUSTDOCK's SnailMail feature to validate Japanese addresses and complete tasks with the Verify address type.
When the request is initiated, TRUSTDOCK mails a verification code to the individual's address. To complete the verification, the individual provides the code to your company.
How it works
The process begins when a profile is created. Your company generates a unique verification code for the profile.
collected_datavia the API.
Next, the customer request is sent (which can be manually or automatically, depending on your configuration). At this point, PassFort asks TRUSTDOCK to mail the verification code to the individual's address.
When your company tells us that they have validated the customer's verification code, the customer request is marked as completed in PassFort and the Verify address task can be passed.
Until your company tells us they have validated the customer's verification code, the Portal continues to display the customer request as outstanding. Portal users can manually cancel or resend the request at any time.
Send the customer request
To send the request manually:
- Click Request from customer. A Send request button is displayed below the profile's name.
- Click Send request. The Configure and send request dialog is displayed.
- Confirm that the recipient address is correct. If it is, click Send request. PassFort asks TRUSTDOCK to mail the verification code to the recipient's address.
Cancel or resend the customer request
If the individual has not yet submitted the correct verification code to your company, the Verify address task shows that the request has been sent but not submitted.
While the request is outstanding, you can cancel it or resend it.
Cancel the request
To cancel the request, click Cancel form request. A dialog is displayed asking you to confirm your choice.
Click Cancel form request. The request is cancelled and the Request sent banner is removed from the top of the Verify address task.
Resend the request
To then resend the request:
- Follow the steps above to cancel the request.
- Follow the steps to send the customer request. A new letter with the verification code is mailed to the recipient's address.