Escalations ensure an application can only be approved by specific people.
The escalation process
The escalation process for an application is as follows:
- The smart policy escalates the application to one or more teams. The application status becomes Waiting on escalations.
- A member of each escalation team provides their approval or rejection.
- When all escalation teams have given their approval, the application can be approved manually. If one or more escalation teams have rejected the application, the application can only be rejected, which must be done manually.
Finding escalated applications
To find applications escalated to a particular team, apply a custom filter with the Escalation requires team option.
Reviewing escalated applications
- Go to a profile with an application escalated to your team.
- Under Product applications, click the name of the application.
- Ensure all tasks have been passed. You will be unable to approve the escalation if any tasks are incomplete or failed.
- Click the Review application drop-down beneath your team name and select Approve or Reject.
- Optionally, leave a comment.
- Click Save decision.
When all escalation decisions are Approved, the application can be approved manually.
When any escalation decision is Rejected, the application can only be rejected. This must be done manually.
Escalations that are no longer required
Sometimes an escalation decision may no longer be required.
For example, take a smart policy that escalates all high risk applications. If an application's risk level is assessed as high risk, then later re-assessed to be low risk, the escalation decision is no longer required.
Any escalation decisions that are not required are displayed under an option called Show no longer required escalations.