Request from customer
Use the Request from customer button to send an email request to the customer and ask them to complete one or more forms.
Forms can be used to:
- Collect information about the customer.
- Collect a document to run a check.
Submit a customer request
- Go to a task that has a Request from customer button. The presence of the button means there is at least one form associated with that task which can be added to the request.
- To add the form to the request, click Request from customer. If there is more than one form, select the one you would like to use from the drop-down. Note that only one form for each task can be sent to the customer at a time.
A Send request button is displayed under the profile name.
- If you would like to send forms associated with more tasks, go to those tasks and click Request from customer.
- Click Send request. The Configure and send request dialog is displayed, with your document requests listed at the top.
- If the profile has an email address in their Profile data, it's displayed in Recipient email address. If there's no recipient email address, add one.
- The default email body copy is displayed in Recipient message. Optionally, you can customise this text.
- Click Send request. The following happens:
- The customer receives an email with a link to take them to the webpage where they can complete the form(s).
- The profile's Audit log is updated with a new Forms item to show the request has been sent.
- The profile's application status becomes Waiting for customer.
- After the customer adds their information, it's imported directly to the task. If the information is a document for a check, the check is run automatically.
What customers experience
When you send a request to a customer, they'll receive an email that contains a button prompting them to complete the forms.
When the customer clicks the button, they're redirected to a webpage with one section for every form you've requested.
To complete a section, they should click it and add their information as prompted.
When they've completed all sections, they can click Finish. When they click it, they'll see a notification that says "Data successfully submitted".
Cancel a customer request
To cancel a request for a form that you've sent:
- Go to the task associated with the form. A customer request banner is displayed at the top.
- Click Cancel form request.
Send a new customer request
If the link in the request email has expired or if the form request has been cancelled, you can send a new customer request by clicking the Request from customer button again.