Request from customer
Use the Request from customer button to send an email request to the customer and ask them to complete a form or upload a document for a check.
Submit a customer request
- Go to a task with a Request from customer button.
- Click Request from customer. If there is more than one request you can send for that task, select the one you would like to use. Only one request per task can be sent to the customer at once.
A Send request button is displayed under the profile name.
- If you would like to request documents associated with more tasks, go to those tasks and click Request from customer.
- Click Send request. The Configure and send request dialog is displayed, with your document requests listed at the top.
- If the profile has an email address in their Profile data, it's displayed in Recipient email address. If there's no recipient email address, add one.
- The default email body copy is displayed in Recipient message. Optionally, you can customise this text.
- Click Send request. The following happens:
- The customer receives an email with a link to take them to the webpage where they can complete the form(s) and/or upload their document(s).
- The profile's Audit log is updated with a new Forms item to show the request has been sent.
- The profile's application status becomes Waiting for customer.
- After the customer adds their information, it's imported directly to the task. If the information is a document for a check, the check is run automatically.
What customers experience
When you send a request to a customer, they'll receive an email that contains a button prompting them to update their information.
When the customer clicks the button, they're redirected to a webpage with one section for every document and/or form you've requested.
To complete a section, they should click it and add their information as prompted.
When they've completed all sections, they can click Finish. When they click it, they'll see a notification that says "Data successfully submitted".
Cancel a customer request
To cancel a request you've submitted to the customer:
- Go to the task of the request. A customer request banner is displayed at the top.
- Click Cancel request.
Send a new customer request
If the link in the request email has expired or if the request has been cancelled, you can send a new customer request by clicking the Request from customer button again.