Setting up decision reasons
From the Policy Builder tab, you can create standardised lists of reasons that can be used to accept, reject, or cancel applications. Using these standardised lists allows you to track trends in application lifecycles and take action based on these trends.
Once you've created a list of reasons, you can apply them to individual products. Then, to make these reasons available for other users to select and apply to applications, resolve any errors and publish your new policy.
- You can see the Policy Builder. You can only see the Policy Builder if you have Read-only access for the Smart policies permission. If you think you should have this permission and you don't, contact the administrator of your account.
- Your institution is using Policy versioning. If you're not using policy versioning, contact us to set this up for you.
- You have the right permissions to create decision reasons for product applications.
Creating a list of decision reasons
Make sure that you have permission to create decision reasons.
From the Portal, use the following steps to create a new decision reason.
- Log into the PassFort Portal and go to Policy Builder > Decision reasons.
- Click the icon next to the Search bar.
- In the New decision reason dialog box, enter a meaningful name for your decision reason.
- Choose whether or not to automatically create the developer name that is used as a unique identifier for the decision reason. If you integrate with PassFort's API, you will need the developer name to access the value of a decision reason.
- If you deselect Generate developer name automatically, the Developer name field appears.
- Enter a name for your unique decision reason identifier.
- Add a description for the decision reason.
- Click the Create button to add your decision reason to the list of reasons that can be applied to a product application.
After creating a new reason, you can click on the decision reason and edit the decision reason name and the description fields when needed. You can also deactivate the decision reason, but only when it is not assigned to a product.
Enabling decision reasons
After you have created a decision reason, you will need to enable the reasons to make them visible to users or teams who are approving, rejecting, or cancelling applications.
- Log into the PassFort Portal and go to Policy Builder > Products.
- Click on an existing product or add a new one.
- Under Decision reasons, select Enable approval reasons to allow users to select from the standardised list of reasons when approving an application.
- Select the reasons you want users to assign to applications.
- Re-order them as needed by using theicon and dragging them into the correct order. The order shown here is the order that users will see them when choosing an outcome for an application.
- If needed, select Enable rejection/cancellation reasons and repeat steps 4 and 5. These reasons will be used to reject or cancel an application.
- Enable and add reasons for other products.
After creating and enabling decision reasons, you will need to publish the changes you have made to your policy in order for these changes to take effect.