Configuring Trulioo Business Verification
Trulioo Business Verification is a data provider that you can use to run the Company data check.
How it works
This is the default behaviour for a variant of the Company data check with Trulioo Business Verification as the data provider.
The check is performed by sending either the country of incorporation and company name or the country of incorporation and company number to Trulioo Business Verification. Where required, the state of incorporation is also sent.
The check passes when all of the following are true:
- The company name is found in the registry.
- The company status in the registry is active.
- The company number from the profile matches the number in the registry.
When the check passes, the basic company information, shareholder information, and officer information are imported into the check results.
The check returns a partial match when the company number or name are not matched in the registry but other fields are matched or marked as active.
The check fails if the company name and number is not found or if the state of incorporation is required but not present.
Trulioo Business Verification uses multiple sources to return information, however, the first source is prioritised. If the first source does not contain the required information for the check, the second source is used. The sources returned by Trulioo depend on your contract with them and the order of the sources may depend on the configuration you have set up with Trulioo directly.
Note that PassFort doesn’t take the Trulioo overall result,
RecordStatus, into account to determine the overall check result.
BusinessRegistrationNumberthat is typically used as the company number).
There are no additional configuration options.
What we’ll need
Let us know that you'd like to add a variant of the Company data check with Trulioo Business Verification and we'll set it up.
We'll need your Trulioo Business Verification:
For help getting your username and password, please speak to your Trulioo Business Verification account manager.
Testing your configuration
Once the check variant is configured, complete these tasks in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
- Is company information returned from Trulioo Business Verification? Create a company profile with "Company 1" as the name and "1" as the company number, and run the check variant. If the check passes and data is displayed in the check results, the check variant is working as expected.
- Is a Partial match returned when the company number is found in Trulioo Business Verification's sources but the profile data does not match? Create a company profile with "Company 12" as the name and "12" as the company number, and run the check variant. If the check returns a partial match and an incorrect company number is displayed in the results, the check variant is working as expected.
- Does the check fail when the company number cannot be found in Trulioo Business Verification's sources? Create a company profile with "Company 8" as the name and "8" as the company number, and run the check variant. If the check fails and no results are returned, the check variant is working as expected.
Required profile fields
These are the profile details searched in Trulioo Business Verification’s sources:
Trulioo field details
Country of incorporation (+ state of incorporation where required for that country)
Once check data is returned from the Trulioo Business Verification, PassFort will map the following data to our own data structure.
PassFort API name
Trulioo field details
Note that country will be inferred from the
- Note that
localityare sometimes required fields in queries to certain jurisdictions. If they are available as part of a company’s profile, they will be sent as part of the request. These are sent as
- A number of fields are not returned consistently by Trulioo and therefore have not been mapped. These are company type, legal structure, shares, industry codes, and classification.
Data mapping for associates
For associates, PassFort will first try to map using the
Entities array returned by Trulioo Business Verification. In the event that this array is not returned, PassFort will attempt to map associates using the
Officers appended fields.
Entities is always set to true in the request to Trulioo Business Verification.
PassFort API name
Trulioo field name
Note that if this field is not available, PassFort attempts to map using