Configuring G2 KYC Automation API
G2 is a data provider that offers the G2 KYC Automation API, which you can use to run the Website content check.
How it works
This is the default behaviour of a variant of the Website content check with the G2 KYC Automation API as the data provider.
The website URL and company details (name, address, and, if available, customer reference number) are sent to the G2 KYC Automation API. The API evaluates the website content for potential risk (e.g. signs of malware or phishing, prohibited phrases, no company address, etc) calculates a Compass Score. Any risk messages from G2 are returned.
The check result is Passed when all of the following is true:
- The Compass Score is equal to or below the threshold, or the Compass Score is 0.
- G2 does not return any critical messages.
- G2 does not return any warning messages.
The check result is Refer when any of the following is true:
- The Compass Score is above the threshold.
- G2 returns any critical messages.
- G2 returns any warning messages.
If the website cannot be assessed or the company profile doesn't have data for the required fields, an error is displayed.
The check result details display the Compass Score and the score reasons provided by G2. Additionally, the result details display any critical, warning, OK, or info messages returned by G2.
The full site scan report can be viewed in the check result details and is also available via the profile's Files area.
The configuration options are:
- Compass Score threshold (required): You provide a number between 1 and 1000. If the Compass Score for the website is above this threshold, the check result is Refer.
- Check results will be Refer when the Compass Score is 0 (optional): When selected, the check result is Refer when the compass score is 0.
What we'll need
Let us know that you'd like to add a variant of the Website content check with the G2 KYC Automation API, and tell us what the Compass Score threshold should be and whether you want the check result to be Refer on a zero Compass Score.
Additionally, we'll need these details from your G2 KYC Automation API:
- Client identifier
- Client secret
To learn how to get these details, please speak to your G2 account manager.
Testing your configuration
Once the data provider variant is configured, follow these steps in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
- Does the check pass when the Compass Score is at or below the threshold and no critical or warning messages have been returned? To run the test, create any company profile and run the check. If the check passes, it's working as expected.
- Does the check fail when critical and warning messages are returned? To run the test, create a company profile with "REFER" in the name (e.g. "Aerial Traders REFER") and run the check. If the check returns a Refer result, some critical messages and some warning messages are displayed, and the Compass Score is displayed as "Insufficient information" (which means the Compass Score is 0), it's working as expected.
Required and optional fields
The required and optional fields to run the check variant are as follows.
Company name (
The legal name of the company.
The address of the company.
The address must include a postal code or locality, and a state/province. If the company has multiple addresses, the first one is used.
The URL of the company's website.
Customer reference (
The reference number of the company.