Applying decision reasons to applications
If your institution is using Policy versioning, you can choose from a list of pre-configured reasons when approving or rejecting an application. Once someone at your facility has created a standardised list of reasons to apply to applications, they will be available to other users to choose and apply to application outcomes. Having these standardised lists of reasons, allows your institution to view reports and export this data in order to have more accurate, actionable information on the trends and patterns of your application decisions.
Standardised decision reasons can be applied to individual or product applications and you can apply multiple reasons to an application.
Applying a decision reason to an application
Once all the tasks have been completed for an application, you need to approve or reject it. When you are reviewing an application, you may need to manually accept or reject the application. If your institution is using policy versioning, you can apply a pre-determined reason to your application's outcome. If you are not yet using policy versioning, you can use a different method to approve, reject, or cancel an application.
To apply a decision reason to an application:
- Go to the profile.
- Select Application overview or an individual product application.
- Click on either the Approve button or the Reject button, based on your assessment of the application.
- When you click on the button, a drop-down menu appears.
- From the menu, choose one or more reasons for your decision. Optionally, add a comment to explain or support your decision.
- Click the either the Approve application or Reject application button.
The outcome of the decision reason will appear in your audit history.
- If it’s an approved application, click Cancel.
To revert a decision
Once you have approved or rejected an application, you may need to revert your decision. Note that if the application has been automatically approved, the application can’t be reverted, it can only be cancelled.
To revert your decision:
- Go to the profile.
- Select the Applications overview section.
- Find the application and click the active button. If the application has been approved, the active button label is Approved.
- Click the Revert decision button from the dialogue box that appears.
The application is returned to its previous state. If the application was new, it resumes the onboarding process. If the application was approved, it resumes the monitoring process.
Applying a decision reason to an application from the API
To get the full list of decision reasons that are available to you:
- Get all the information about a specific application from the API.
- From the response, find the decision reasons attribute inside the
productattribute. The decision reasons attribute will contain a list of decision reasons.
- Make a
POSTrequest to following endpoint:
- Use the following body example to approve an application with a standardised decision reason. This updates the application's outcome with the decision reasons in the body,
"decision_reasons": ["reason_1", "reason_2"]
To revert a decision reason from the API
The application will be reset to its previous state without a comment or decision reason.
Reporting on decision reasons
The following information about an application's outcome is exported:
- Application comment (at first decision): Free text comments that were added while approving or rejecting an application at the time of the first decision.
- Application comment (current): Free text comments that were added while most recently approving or rejecting the application.
- Application decision reasons (at first decision): This shows the first decision reason that was assigned to the application.
- Application decision reasons (current): This shows the most recent decision reason assigned to an application.