Work with profile Files
Files is a central area where you can see all the files and documents you're using for onboarding and monitoring a profile in PassFort.
You can also easily copy a link to share it with people who have permission to view the profile.
See the Files Overview
Go to any profile and click Profile data > Files.
You'll see every file and document for the profile. This includes files and documents:
- Used to run checks.
- Collected via forms (completed by a PassFort user or a customer).
- Added to Conversations.
- Added to task notes.
The following information is displayed for each one:
- Name: The name of the file/document.
- Type: This is the type of file/document. To learn more, see PassFort documents vs files.
- Category: If the document has a category, it's displayed here.
- Created: The date the file/document was added to PassFort.
- Expires: If an expiry date was extracted during a check, it's displayed here. Expiry information is only extracted from PassFort documents.
PassFort documents vs files
There are two types of items you can add to PassFort:
- Files: Files can be one of these file types: PDF, JPEG, PNG, or GIF. They can be added to task notes, Conversations, or collected via forms. The "type" in Files is determined by the file extension (e.g. when the extension is PNG, the type is Image). If the file extension cannot be detected, Other is used as the type. Note that files cannot be used to run checks.
- PassFort documents: PassFort documents can be used as input to run checks (e.g. in the case of the ID verification check) or returned as output from checks (e.g. when the Company data check is used to assess financials). They can be multiple related items bundled together (e.g. an ID and the liveness video used to support it), and can contain additional metadata (e.g. an expiry date or the type of company financial report). This metadata is typically set by the data provider when the check is run. When you view them in Files, the type is PassFort document.
Get more information about a file/document
To learn more about a file or document, click it.
A panel is displayed with a small preview of the file or document as well as further information about the activity and file/document details.
Navigating the preview
If there are multiple pages, sides, or images, use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate between them in the small preview.
Activity and Details
Activity shows how the item was used to onboard and monitor the profile. For example, it may indicate that it was used to run a specific check or mentioned in Conversations. Click the activity type to jump to the relevant location(s) in the profile (e.g. the task(s) where the check results are displayed or the Conversations area).
Details provides more specific information about the type, creation date, and expiry date that are displayed on the Overview, plus it shows who added the file to PassFort.
See a file/document
To see a full view of a file or document:
- Click the item to open the details panel.
- In the panel, click the item name. The full view is displayed.
If there are multiple images in a document, use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate between them.
To collapse the Activity and Details panel, click the Hide button to the bottom right.
Share a file/document
Each file and document has a unique URL which you can share.
To get the URL, go to Files and click the file name to open the panel. Click Copy URL.
Now you can paste the URL into an email, chat, or anywhere else that you'd like to share it.