Creditsafe is a data provider that you can use to run the Company data check.
How it works
This is the default behaviour for a variant of the Company data check with Creditsafe as the data provider.
The check is performed by sending the company's name, country of incorporation, state of incorporation (US and Canada only), and company number to Creditsafe and requesting a report.
The check passes when all of the following are true:
- The company name is found in the registry.
- The company status in the registry is active.
- The company number and country of incorporation from the profile match the data in the registry.
When the check passes, the basic company information is imported into the check results. The information is displayed differently for each task. See the description of the Company data check for more information.
The check returns a partial match when the company name is found in the registry but one of the following is true:
- Any of the required profile data is missing.
- Any of the profile data does not match.
- The company status is inactive.
- The company status is unknown.
If the company name cannot be found, the check fails.
An error is displayed if either of the following is true:
- Creditsafe discovers more than one company that matches the profile details.
- The company's country of incorporation isn't covered by the Creditsafe agreement.
There are no additional configuration options for the Company data check variant with Creditsafe.
However, this check is used on the Identify officers and Identify shareholders tasks, which include configuration options to control how the officers and shareholders returned by Creditsafe are verified. Learn about task configuration options.
What we'll need
Let us know that you'd like to add a variant of the Company data check with Creditsafe and we'll set it up.
If you'd like to use any of the configuration options for the Identify officers or Identify shareholders tasks, please let us know which ones you'd like to use.
If you have a direct agreement with Creditsafe, we'll also need your Creditsafe username and password. For help getting your username and password, please speak to your Creditsafe account manager.
Testing your configuration
Once the check variant is configured, follow these steps in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
- Is company information returned from Creditsafe? Create any company profile and run the check variant. If the check passes and data for PassFort Ltd is displayed in the check results, the check variant is working as expected.
- Is a Partial match returned when the company name is found in Creditsafe's sources but the profile data does not match? Create a company profile with "partial" in the name and run the check variant. If the check returns a partial match and an incorrect company number for PassFort Ltd is displayed in the results, the check variant is working as expected.
- Does the check fail when the company name cannot be found in Creditsafe's sources? Create a company profile with "fail" in the name and run the check variant. If the check fails and no results are returned, the check variant is working as expected.
Required and optional profile fields
These are the profile details searched in Creditsafe's sources:
Country of incorporation (
The country in which the company is incorporated.
State of incorporation (
Optional (US and Canada only)
The state, province, or territory in which the company is incorporated.
Company name (
If not included, a Partial match is returned
The legal name of the company.
Company number (
The company’s registration number.