Configuring Creditsafe Company Data API
Creditsafe Company Data API is a data provider that you can use to run the Company data check.
How it works
This is the default behaviour for a variant of the Company data check with Creditsafe Company Data API as the data provider.
The check is performed by sending the company's name, country of incorporation, state of incorporation (US and Canada only), and company number to Creditsafe Company Data API and requesting a report.
The check passes when all of the following are true:
- The company name is found in the registry.
- The company status in the registry is active.
- The company has any financial data.
- The company number and country of incorporation from the profile match the data in the registry.
- The address from the Creditsafe confidence match search is matched against the address in the PassFort profile.
When the check passes, the basic company information is imported into the check results. The information is displayed differently for each task. See the description of the Company data check for more information.
The check returns a partial result when the company name is found in the registry but one of the following is true:
- Any of the required profile data is missing.
- Any of the profile data does not match.
- The company does not have any financial data.
- The company status is inactive.
- The company status is unknown.
- The registered company address doesn’t match.
The check fails if the company name cannot be found.
An error is displayed when the company's country of incorporation isn't covered by the Creditsafe Company Data API agreement.
You have the following configuration option:
- Pass check with missing financial data: When this option is selected, the check passes if the company does not have financial data, as long as the other pass requirements are met.
However, this check is used on the Identify officers and Identify shareholders tasks, which include configuration options to control how the officers and shareholders returned by Creditsafe Company Data API are verified. Learn about task configuration options.
- Creditsafe address match fuzziness configuration: When this option is selected, you can leverage Creditsafe’s confidence match search to verify a company’s registered address. The search compares a Creditsafe-stored address against the address from the profile in PassFort. If the address doesn’t match the registered address, a partial result will be returned.
Note that this option is not supported if you're using Creditsafe monitoring.
You can choose to use ongoing monitoring, which gives you three additional configuration options:
- Enable monitoring for Identify officers: When this option is selected, data related to the Identify officers task is monitored.
- Enable monitoring for Assess financial data: When this option is selected, data related to the Assess financial data task is monitored.
- Enable monitoring for Verify company details: When this option is selected, data related to the Verify company details task is monitored.
When new/updated data is discovered, a new task version is created for the relevant task(s) and the old task version expires. The check results are displayed in full on the new version(s).
A list of the Creditsafe Company Data API data monitored for each country is below. The numbers represent the ID that Creditsafe Company Data API uses for the data.
Enable monitoring for Identify officers
107 - Director(s)
Enable monitoring for Assess financial data
101 - International rating
102 - Limit
The international rating is monitored to see it is reduced. Please note that increases in international rating are not monitored.
All changes to the limit (increase and decrease) are monitored.
1804 - Financial changes
3101 - New annual financial statement
1718 - New accounts filed
1007 - Change to total issued capital
802 - Share capital
704 - New accounts
802 - Share capital
2004 - Share capital
2006 - New accounts filed
2103 - Financial changes
1405 - Latest year end accounts
2401 - Annual accounts
1308 - New accounts
1511 - Share capital change
925 - New accounts
2201 - New accounts field
3043 - Annual accounts
3044 - Share capital
Enable monitoring for Verify company details
104 - Company name
105 - Address
1815 - Company status change
1603 - Company status
3100 - Company status
1010 - Status
806 - Status
302 - Status
3056 - Company status change
1406 - Company status
924 - Status
2202 - Company status
3040 - Status
What we'll need
Let us know that you'd like to add a variant of the Company data check with Creditsafe Company Data API and we'll set it up.
If you'd like to use any of the configuration options for the Identify officers or Identify shareholders tasks, please let us know which ones you'd like to use.
If you have a direct agreement with Creditsafe Company Data API, we'll also need your Creditsafe Company Data API username and password. For help getting your username and password, please speak to your Creditsafe Company Data API account manager.
Testing your configuration
Once the check variant is configured, follow these steps in your demo environment to test whether it's working as expected.
If you are testing financial data and you would like to see it displayed in a way that's localised for UK accounts, run these tests on companies incorporated in the UK. Data for PassFort Ltd will be displayed in the results.
If you would like to see financial data displayed in a way that's standardised for all countries, run these tests on companies incorporated in any country other than the UK. Data for Aerial Traders will be displayed in the results.
- Is company information returned from Creditsafe Company Data API? Create any company profile and run the check variant. If the check passes and data is displayed in the check results, the check variant is working as expected.
- Is a Partial match returned when the company name is found in Creditsafe Company Data API's sources but the profile data does not match? Create a company profile with "partial" in the name and run the check variant. If the check returns a partial result and an incorrect company number is displayed, the check variant is working as expected.
- What happens if the company does not have any financial data? To run this test with the API on a UK company, create a company profile with "PassFort PARTIAL FINANCIAL" as the name, "09565115" as the company number, and "partial_financial" as the Creditsafe ID. To run this test on a company outside the UK, use "Aerial Traders PARTIAL FINANCIAL" as the name, "5560642554" as the company number, and "partial_financial" as the Creditsafe ID. Run the check. If you're not using the Pass check with missing financial data configuration option, the check variant is working as expected if the check returns a partial match. If you are using the Pass check with missing financial data configuration option, the check variant is working as expected if the check passes.
- Does the check fail when the company name cannot be found in Creditsafe Company Data API's sources? Create a company profile with "fail" in the name and run the check variant. If the check fails and no results are returned, the check variant is working as expected.
Required and optional profile fields
These are the profile details searched in Creditsafe Company Data API's sources:
Country of incorporation (
The country in which the company is incorporated.
State of incorporation (
The state, province, or territory of the address.
The format follows the state code of the ISO-3166-2 standard.
Note that a UK county should not go here.
Company name (
If not included, a Partial match is returned
The legal name of the company.
Company number (
The company’s registration number.
The company’s registered address.