Use the reports in Applications overview to see what's happening with the applications on your account.
Going to the Applications overview section
Click the Reports tab and select Applications overview.
A graph and a table are displayed. They both show different views of the same data.
By default, only product applications are displayed. You can view associate applications by applying the Profile type filter criterion. To learn more, see Filter report data.
The date range
By default, all the available data for the last 12 weeks is displayed.
To change the time range:
- Click the Select date range drop-down.
- Select a new start date from the Select start date calendar. To change months, use the arrows next to the month in the calendar.
- Select a new end date from the Select end date calendar.
- Click Apply date range.
The application data is displayed, starting with the first week in the given date range that has data and ending with the last week in the given date range that has data.
For example, if the date range starts with the first week of January and ends with the last week of December but applications were only created, approved, or rejected between April 1st and April 30th, the timeline for the graph starts with 1 Apr and ends with 30 Apr.
If no applications were created, approved, or rejected in the given time range, the graph displays a message to say there are no results.
Filter report data
To view only applications that meet specific criteria, filter your data.
You can choose from any of the criteria below and only the data from applications that meet your criteria are displayed:
- Application status (current): Applications are currently in the stage you specify. The application stages are: Applied (meaning that the application has not yet been approved or rejected for the first time), Approved, Cancelled, In Review, and Rejected. Note that the report data is refreshed every night, so if you're viewing today's data, it's possible the current application status has changed since then.
- Application status (at first decision): Applications were initially approved or rejected. Note that the decision may have changed since (e.g. the first application decision was Approved and the current state of the application is Cancelled). To see applications that haven't been approved or rejected yet (i.e. they're in the Applied state), select No data.
- Product: Applications are for the product you select.
- Profile type: Applications are made by individuals or companies. The options for this filter are: INDIVIDUAL_CUSTOMER (shows product applications made by individuals), COMPANY_CUSTOMER (shows product applications made by companies), INDIVIDUAL_ASSOCIATED (shows associate applications for individuals), COMPANY_ASSOCIATED (shows associate applications for companies).
- Country of incorporation: Applications are made by profiles and associate profiles that have the country of incorporation you select. To see applications from profiles and associate profiles with no country of incorporation (i.e. all individual profiles, and any company profiles that have no data for this field), select No data.
- Country of current address: Applications are made by profiles and associate profiles that have the country of address you specify. To see applications from profiles and associate profiles with no country of address (i.e. all company profiles, and any individual profiles that have no data for this field), select No data.
- Country of nationality: Applications are made by profiles and associate profiles that have the country of nationality you select. To see applications from profiles and associate profiles with no country of nationality (i.e. all company profiles, and any individual profiles that have no data for this field), select No data.
- Risk level (current): Applications have the risk level you select. To see applications that do not have a risk level (i.e. the risk level is still being determined or a risk level won't be assigned because there's no risk model for the product), select No data. To see applications with a risk level that could not be calculated because profile data is missing, select UNDETERMINED. Note that this criterion is only displayed if you're using Risk, and the UNDETERMINED option is only available if at least one application has a risk level that could not be calculated. Note that the report data is refreshed every night, so if you're viewing today's data, it's possible the current risk level has changed since then.
- Associate role: Associate applications are made by associates with the role you specify (e.g. beneficial owner, director, etc). Note that associate applications are created per role, so if an associate has multiple roles at the same company, they'll have multiple associate applications. To see product applications made by profiles (i.e. a view where associate profiles are not displayed), select No data.
To filter your data
To apply a filter to your data, click the drop-down for one of the criteria under Filtering Report Data and select the options you want to apply.
As you select options, the data is filtered automatically.
Follow the same steps to add as many filter criteria as you like.
To remove filtering
To remove all options for a filter criterion, click the drop-down for the criterion and select the first option. This option has the name of the filter criterion (e.g. "Country of nationality").
When you click the option, all filtering for that criterion is removed from the data.
You can also remove all options for a filter criterion except one. To do this, click the drop-down for the filter criterion, hover over the option you want to keep, and click Only.
When you click Only, all other filtering options for that criterion are removed from the data.
Save or share a report
You can copy the URL, and save it or share it.
Anyone who has Read-only or Read and write access for the Reports permission will see that report when they follow the link.
If you select a date range and/or apply filter criteria before copying the URL, your options are applied when the URL is followed.
If you see a message that says No results, there's no application data that matches your date range and filter criteria.
Try using a different date range or changing your filter criteria.