Edit company associates on a verification list
When an associate is on the verification list, you can update their data by copying information from an imported associate or by editing the profile’s collected data. If the associate is a shareholder, you can also edit their share percentage directly from the verification list.
- Verification status: Indicates the status of the associate’s verification and approval. To learn more, see Approve/reject company associates.
- Roles: When the associate appears on multiple verification lists as part of this application, every role that the associate is being verified for is displayed here (e.g. Director and Beneficial Owner).
- Provider role: The associate’s role for the current verification list, as returned by the data provider. It may be more specific than what’s displayed for Roles.
- PassFort ID: A unique identifier used for the API.
Copy information from imported associates
When you’ve imported a list of associates from your data provider, you can copy the information from any imported associate to an associate already on the verification list.
This is an especially useful feature when your workflow starts with adding associates manually. You can add an associate, only providing their name and, if the associate is a company, country of incorporation. Then you can import a list of associates from one or more data providers to get the full details of the associates and copy those details into your verification list.
To copy information from an imported associate to an associate on the verification list:
- Locate the associate on the verification list.
- Click the Copy information from other associates dropdown. A list of every imported associate of the same type (individual or company) is displayed. Associates are grouped by the data provider used to import them.
- Select an associate on the list. The Copy associate data dialog is displayed.
- The name of every field that can be copied is displayed in the Field name column.
- The data of the associate in the verification list is displayed in the Existing data column.
- The data of the imported associate is displayed in the New data column.
- By default, all available data is copied from the imported associate. Deselect any data you don’t want to copy.
- Click Copy. The data of the associate on the verification list is updated to match the selected imported data.
Edit an associate’s collected data
Information the associate is stored in their profile’s Collected data.
Individuals can have the following verification list information in their collected data:
- First name(s)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Customer reference
Companies can have the following verification list information in their collected data:
- Country of incorporation
- State of incorporation (United States and Canada only)
- Company name
- Company number
- Incorporation date
- Entity type
- Tax codes
- Customer reference
You can add or edit any of the information above by editing the profile’s collected data.
To add to or modify an associate profile’s collected data:
- Click the associate’s name in the verification list. The associate’s profile is displayed.
- Select Collected data.
- Click the Edit icon and select the category of data you’d like to edit. A dialog is displayed with all the editable fields in the category.
- Update any field.
- Click Save. The change is reflected in the profile’s collected data and on the verification list.
Edit the share percentage of a shareholder
On the Shareholders verification list, click the Edit icon next to the shareholder you’d like to edit. The Update shareholding dialog is displayed.
Enter the new share percentage into the field provided, and click Update share.