When you configure a task, you can use the configuration options below to control how the task behaves.
If you’d like to add a new task or change the configuration options for an existing task, please contact us. Let us know which task you’d like to configure and which options you’d like to use and we’ll get it set up.
Configuration options for all tasks
When you configure any task, you have these configuration options:
- Acceptance checks (optional): Select one or more checks associated with the task. When any of these checks pass, the task passes automatically. If no checks are selected, the task never passes automatically based on passed checks. Learn what checks are associated with each task.
- Automatic checks (optional): Select one or more checks associated with the task. When the task is first added to a profile’s application and whenever a new version of the task is added to the application, every check selected for this option runs automatically. If no checks are selected for this option, checks never run automatically when this task or a new version of this task is added to a profile’s application. Learn what checks are associated with each task.
- Task expiry period (days) (optional): Add a number of days. When the task is passed on a profile’s application, it remains valid for the specified number of days, then expires. Once the task version expires, the next version of the task must be passed for the application to remain approved. This ensures the task is always passed on relevant information. Learn more about task versions and expiry dates.
Additional options for company tasks
The following company tasks have verification lists, which are used to onboard company associates:
When you configure these tasks, you have these additional configuration options to control how their verification lists behave:
- Product for which associated profiles will apply (required): Select any product. The smart policy for this product is applied to associates added to the task’s verification list.
The due diligence tasks specified in the smart policy are added to their associate profiles and must be passed for the associates to be approved. Learn more.
- Automatic addition to the verification list (required): This option determines if and how associates imported from the data provider are added to the verification list automatically. The values for this option are:
- Automatic addition is disabled: No associates are added to the verification list automatically. When this value is used, the only way to add associates to the verification list is to do so manually. Learn how to add associates manually.
- Add all profiles: When this value is used, every associate imported from the data provider is added to the verification list.
- Add profiles with a percentage of shares greater than or equal to a threshold: This value is used for the Identify shareholders task only. You are asked to specify a number for Minimum percentage of shares owned. All shareholders imported from the data provider who owns this percentage and above are added to the verification list.
- Add up to a specific number of profiles: You are asked to specify a number for Number of shareholders to be added. This is the number of associates imported from the data provider that are added to the verification list. For the Identify officers task and the Identify trustees task, the officers and trustees who have been elected/appointed the longest are added. For the Identify shareholders task, the shareholders with the highest percentage of shares are added.
To learn more about how company associates are added to the verification list, see Add company associates to a verification list.
- Automatic task completion (required): This option determines if and when the task passes automatically, based on which associates on the verification list are approved for the product specified in the Product for which associated profiles will apply configuration option. The values for this option are:
- Automatic completion is disabled: The task never passes automatically. The only way to complete the task is to do so manually. Learn how pass/fail the task manually.
- All profiles in the verification list must be approved: The task passes automatically when every associate in the verification list is approved.
- At least a number of profiles in the verification list must be approved: You are asked to specify a number for Number of approved associates required to complete the task. The task passes automatically when the specified number of associates in the verification list are approved.
Additional options for custom tasks
Custom tasks (for individuals or companies), have one additional configuration option, Only add this task after first periodic review period (optional).
This option is only used if the task has a number of days specified in the Task expiry period (days) option.
When the Only add this task after first periodic review period option is selected, the expiry date of the first version of the task is calculated as the day the application was added to the profile plus the number of days specified in Task expiry period (days).
The task is not displayed at all on the profile when the application is first created. Instead, the task is displayed for the first time 30 days before the expiry date is reached.
After the first expiry date is reached, the second version of the task must be passed for the application to become/remain approved.