When you configure a task, you can use the configuration options below to control how the task behaves.
If you’d like to add a new task or change the configuration options for an existing task, contact us. Let us know which task you’d like to configure and which options you’d like to use and we’ll get it set up.
Configuration options for all tasks
When you configure any task, you have these configuration options:
- Acceptance checks: Select one or more check variants associated with the task. When any of these check variants pass, the task passes automatically. If no check variants are selected, the task never passes automatically based on passed check variants. Learn more about Acceptance checks and what checks are associated with each task.
- Automatic checks: Select one or more checks associated with the task. When the task is first added to a profile’s application and whenever a new version of the task is added to the application, every check variant selected for this option runs automatically. If no check variants are selected for this option, checks never run automatically when this task or a new version of this task is added to a profile’s application. Learn what checks are associated with each task.
- Forms: Select one or more forms associated with the task. The user will have the option to create and submit that form. Note that if you associate one form with multiple tasks, when the user initiates and completes the form on any task, it will be displayed on all tasks associated with that form. If any of these tasks do not exist on the profile, they'll be created (even if they are not associated with the profile's current product application). Get the full list of tasks which can have forms.
- Task expiry period (days): Add a number of days. When the task is passed on a profile’s application, it remains valid for the specified number of days, then it expires. Once the task version expires, the next version of the task must be passed for the application to remain approved. This ensures the task is always passed on relevant information.
- Enable risk based expiry period: For each risk level, add a number of days. When the task is passed on an application, it remains valid for the number of days specified for the application's risk level, then it expires. If there's no risk model for the application's product, the task uses Task expiry period (days) as the default expiry period. If the risk level for the task changes at any point, the expiry period is updated automatically. Note that this option is only applicable if you're using Risk. Contact us to learn more.
- Number of days before task expiry to send notification: Enter the number of days needed before the expiry date of a task to send a notification to the PassFort user assigned to the task. The number entered in this field will also be used to trigger the creation of a new task version. This value must be smaller than the default task expiry period, or if risk based expiry is enabled, smaller than the risk level with the shortest expiry period. By default, this will be set to 30 days.
Additional options for company tasks
The following company tasks have verification lists, which are used to onboard company associates:
When you configure these tasks, you have these additional configuration options to control how their verification lists behave:
- Product for which associated profiles will apply (required): Select any product. The smart policy for this product is applied to associates added to the task’s verification list.
The due diligence tasks specified in the smart policy are added to their associate profiles and must be passed for the associates to be approved. Learn more.
- Automatic addition to the verification list (required): This option determines if and how associates imported from the data provider are added to the verification list automatically. The values for this option are:
- Automatic addition is disabled: No associates are added to the verification list automatically. When this value is used, the only way to add associates to the verification list is to do so manually. Learn how to add associates manually.
- Add all profiles: When this value is used, every associate imported from the data provider is added to the verification list.
- Add profiles with a percentage of shares greater than or equal to a threshold: This value is used for the Identify shareholders task only. You are asked to specify a number for Minimum percentage of shares owned. All shareholders imported from the data provider who owns this percentage and above are added to the verification list.
- Include beneficial owners with an unknown percentage of shares: This is an additional option associated with Add profiles with a percentage of shares greater than or equal to a threshold. When selected, all shareholders with an unknown share percentage are added to the verification list. When deselected, no shareholders with an unknown percentage of shares are added to the list.
- Add up to a specific number of profiles: You are asked to specify a number for Number of shareholders to be added. This is the number of associates imported from the data provider that are added to the verification list. For the Identify officers task and the Identify trustees task, the officers and trustees who have been elected/appointed the longest are added. For the Identify shareholders task, the shareholders with the highest percentage of shares are added, then shareholders with no known share percentage.
- Automatic task completion (required): This option determines if and when the task passes automatically, based on which associates on the verification list are approved for the product specified in the Product for which associated profiles will apply configuration option. The values for this option are:
- Automatic completion is disabled: The task never passes automatically. The only way to complete the task is to do so manually. Learn how pass/fail the task manually.
- All profiles in the verification list must be approved: The task passes automatically when every associate in the verification list is approved.
- At least a number of profiles in the verification list must be approved: You are asked to specify a number for Number of approved associates required to complete the task. The task passes automatically when the specified number of associates in the verification list are approved.
Additional options for custom tasks
Custom tasks (for individuals or companies), have one additional configuration option, Only add this task after first periodic review period (optional).
This option is only used if the task has a number of days specified in the Task expiry period (days) option.
When the Only add this task after first periodic review period option is selected, the expiry date of the first version of the task is calculated as the day the application was added to the profile plus the number of days specified in Task expiry period (days) or, if applicable, Enable risk based expiry period.
The task is not displayed at all on the profile when the application is first created. Instead, the task is displayed for the first time 30 days before the expiry date is reached.
After the first expiry date is reached, the second version of the task must be passed for the application to become/remain approved.