Screen PEPs, sanctions, and adverse media matches
You can run checks to learn whether an individual or company has any matches for:
- Sanctions persons/companies
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Instances of adverse media
Run the check
- Go to a profile's Assess sanctions or Assess sanctions and adverse media task.
- If the profile is an individual, click PEPs and sanctions screening. If the profile is a company, click Sanctions and adverse media screening. The screening results are returned.
Reading the results
The check returns any matches for the profile in the Potential matches list.
The match can have these statuses:
- PEP: The match is a PEP.
- Sanctions: The match is on a sanctions list.
- Adverse media: The match has one or more instances of adverse media.
- Refer: The match does not fall into the PEP, Sanctions, or Adverse media category. For example, the match has a criminal record.
To see more information about a potential match, click the match name.
Confirming or ignoring matches
To confirm or ignore the match, click Resolve Match, select your decision, then click Save decision.
Optionally, you can add a comment to explain to your colleagues why you've made the decision.
Confirmed matches are displayed on the Matches list, which is created when you confirm the first match.
Ignored matches are displayed on the Ignored matches list.
To return a confirmed or ignored match to the Potential matches list, click the match name and click Review decision.
If your company is using ongoing monitoring, PassFort checks with your data provider to see if any new matches have been discovered.
If a new match is discovered, the task is marked as incomplete.
The new match is displayed in the Potential matches list, where you can confirm or ignore it.
How often new matches are imported into PassFort depends on your data provider:
- ComplyAdvantage: Any new matches are updated and displayed in PassFort as soon as ComplyAdvantage sends them.
- Dow Jones Risk and Compliance: Any new matches are updated and displayed in PassFort once a week. Note that if it's not possible to get the latest information from Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, PassFort will retry the following week.
- RDC: Any new matches are updated and displayed in PassFort as soon as RDC sends them.
- Refinitiv World-Check One: Any new matches are updated and displayed in PassFort PassFort once per day. Note that if it's not possible to get the latest information from Refinitiv World-Check One, PassFort will retry the following day.
If you revert the decision, ongoing monitoring will only restart automatically if the checks are configured as automatic checks for the task.
If they're not automatic checks, you can restart ongoing monitoring by running the checks manually.